All ACTTiVAte selected projects will be attending a specific training focused on the technology transfer/commercialization process of their innovative developments.
The main objective pursued with this activity is to offer the awarded SMEs the opportunity to carry out an assisted process of strategic thinking and planning focused on their projects´ business development.
The Commercialization Training Workshops (Tech Comm Academies) start in January 2018 and include training and feedback activities, group and individual coaching/assistance, peer-sharing, feedback sessions and remote coaching to be delivered by local and international expert coaches.
All the participant selected SMEs will have the opportunity to review and check their work with the expert coaches assigned to identify additional factors that would not be obvious to emerging entrepreneurs.
- Madrid: 9,10 January 2018
- Granada: 26,27 January 2018
- Brussels: 30,31 January and 1-2 February 2018
PROCESS OF THE TRAINING WORKSHOPS
Workshop participants will carry out an overall self-assessment of his/her project´s current internal situation and external environment as a basis for building a Strategic Commercialization Plan. By means of a “roadmap” methodology, the projects will receive expert training and assistance to better manage the understanding of the key elements of a technology commercialization process as an entrepreneurial undertaking, namely:
1. a self-assessment process of the technology transfer potential and/or commercialization attractiveness of their innovative developments;
2. a prioritization of the transfer/commercialization opportunities detected;
3. the identification and/or consolidation of those technology transfer/commercialization strategies most adequate to create value in the market; and
4. the preparation of a Strategic Technology Commercialization Plan (STCP) in the short term (one year) that allows them to progress in the commercialization of their technologies/innovations, and to leverage their innovation capacity beyond the ACTTiVAte project.
Some key issues to be addressed through the training activities include:
How can we capitalize on our strong points, and eliminate our weak points?
How and when can we take advantage of the current opportunity potential?
What developmental approaches/paths can we adopt to enable the project´s business development?
To what extent do we have an adequate structure to implement them?
Do we have the resources necessary to support such a business development?
What internal barriers are we going to face along the way?
What are the risks of the technology commercialization project?
Other issues arising.
Different tools for strategic thinking and planning are integrated into the “roadmap”mechanism so as to enable the participant to make progress on a sequential basis:
To analyze the firm´s current internal situation
To assess the firm´s competitive context, the source industry and the target industry
To establish initiatives for actions and select developmental paths
To define actions to achieve the project´s development and commercialization goals
When completing the “roadmap” trajectory, the resulting “product” becomes a 1-year Action Plan. This should consistently and realistically integrate a suite of the main strategic initiatives, and the associated actions to accomplish such goals, in line with both the firm´s strategic vision and the project team´s strategic guidelines.